Bronze goblet with separate hammered and filed decorative bands

The goblet was raised from a disc of 1.6mm bronze sheet. The base, originally domed, was flattened so it would stand upright and I hammer finished the rest of the surface. Then I soldered two 1mm round bronze wires round the upper portion.

Bronze goblet with wire decoration
The next step was to saw a light visual separation line round near the base where the tapered cylindrical section gave way to the domed base part, and finally I filed all the patination marks away from the base and from the band within the two wires. These filed areas were then sanded and polished on a buff.

Bronze goblet with wire decoration
Bronze goblet with wire decoration After some months, I decided to make a lid, as below left and right.

No comments: