November blues

Our previous term of 8-week courses came to an end four weeks ago, and I have found myself tied to the desk planning the next session which starts week beginning January 14th. As a result, I have had no time for my usual workshop activities. In addition, we have been moving our Wandsworth production workshop (which was in an old factory, now scheduled for demolition) to a smaller unit nearer Wimbledon, and that has sucked up all the remaining time. And I still have to get myself organised to buy student stuff for next term's courses, and update my student's work blog site.


Classical head

I decided it was time to do a little rescue work on a large clay head I had made (8 times life size) in the general style of a classical male. It was originally designed lying nearly prone, in a kind of sleeping pose, but was never cast in that pose.
I moved it back to the upright to try and remove some of the staining from slip (quite a bit of ceramic work goes on nearby!) before casting. The background on the final picture was processed in Gimp, and I seem to have accidentally bent the aspect ratio a little.